Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Finally! Today I finished a campaign map for my Erinmoor campaign using GIMP.  

It's not perfect, but it's the best I could do in about 12 hours haah! I had never so much as opened Photoshop or GIMP before this project.

My original map was hand drawn:



Straight outa the 80's


After reading through some tutorials at the cartographersguild.com I downloaded GIMP and started trying to make a fancy fantasy map.



The tutorial I used is great, although it is a little dated and the newer versions of GIMP have some changes. The thread for it is HERE.


Now to print one up for the group tonight! Maybe crumple it up and spill some tea on it or something first...

2 comments:

  1. I really love the restricted color palette you've used here. It pops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are some nice gimp filters to do the tea stains. :)

    ReplyDelete